Monday, March 15, 2010

more of sig....


This is something that I have noticed only in the speakers of galeej: they seem rather self conscious about their peculiar quiver of words.
this sort of makes sense, because sig is astonishingly famous. Nobody knows why. In fact I decided on this focus for the blog because a first year student from india said he knew all the 'variations on sig'...which sort of astonished me. I thought sig was used by a closed circle of friends....mainly, my friends.
I was mistaken.
Which brings me to the photograph above, which is actually a pic of the NUSSU feedback board...which has a somewhat politically charged statement using sig. This photo was taken by one of my friends....and can be seen on his facebook photoalbum.

http://www.facebook.com/anoj.viswanathan#!/photo.php?pid=9767615&op=2&o=global&view=global&subj=617795658&id=718655430&fbid=333731725430

No comments:

Post a Comment